Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

So, a new year is upon us already. Hopefully this early morning isn't a preview of things to come!

Once again, i fell asleep last night not turning anything off. TV was on and so was the computer when i was awoken to a wail. Little Aric, like any 3 month old says hey, there is nothing in my mouth, that's just not right! So I jump out of bed, praying i don't' stub my toe on anything as i race to his room, hoping he doesn't wake his sisters or his dad. I put the passi in his mouth, give his cute little cheek a rub, turn on his aquarium with music, and walk out of the room, I get back to my bed, and WAHHHHHH, again... I make it back to his bed give him the passi, placing his burp cloth just so, holding it in its place, and wait. all is peaceful and quiet, so i sneak back to my room, only to hear him rooting for it on the monitor.. *sigh* I have this for about a 15 minute stretch.. Then, i go to the bathroom, only to hear him peeved as all get out, except I'm stuck in the bathroom.. I hurry as fast as i can, and help him with the lovely passi that I didn't want either of my kids to need, and head back to bed.

So, he is finally back to sleep and, of course, NOW its Lizzie's turn.. I sneak in her room, tell her I'll get her some milk, NOOOOOO, then begins a crying medley that is sure to wake the whole house! I tell her I'm getting her some milk, and she's going back to sleep, which gives me another NOOOOO with a wail. I mostly close her door behind me, go grab some pants to make it to the freezer section of the house to get my little early riser a milk. I am hoping to save a precious hour of rest or two. So, i get back upstairs and she's lying on her Dora pillow waiting quietly and patiently for her milk. I give it to her, cover her up with her Dora blanket, hand her her big pillow like Dora and walk out of her room, closing the door going back to bed with a sigh of relief.

Which of course is short lived. I gave a toddler a cup of COLD milk, what did i expect??

No comments: