Monday, January 14, 2008

My babies

It happened to me... the oddest thing. Yesterday, at church, i was suddenly overcome with emotions about my little guy. Other than the amount of pain, it was like i would have wanted his birth to be. When he came out, they placed him on my belly, he was this warm wet little guy so skinny. I got to rub him a bit, but due to the multiple times i was given drugs, he was sleepy and not waking fast enough. So they took him to the warming table. I kept saying, cry baby, breath, come on!! Just as they were about to give him some oxygen, he gave a sad cry, then as they rubbed him more, he got mad and gave a massive wail. The most wonderful sound a momma needs to hear.

I had asked to nurse him after he was born, so they wrapped him up and gave him back. He nursed for AN HOUR!! I should have known that he was going to be my eater. lol. Just thinking about that made me take him from my hubby and hold him tight. How precious he is!!

I didn't' get that experience with Lizzie. It was a great birth (labors suck, but the deliveries were awesome) as well, better pain control, for sure! But, they showed me to her, then took off to the NICU with her. Nope, nothing wrong with her at all, but they wanted to monitor my heart for 24 hours after i had her, which was apparently open knowledge to the staff, but not to me. So, I got to spend maybe a half hour with her total that day (later that day, when i was wheeled out of ICU to the NICU to see my baby, after i kept crying to the nurse - there was no regular nursery) And severely emotional. So, the next day when i FINALLY got her, i didn't' want to let her go ever again.

She was my "perfect" baby. But, in all honesty, i don't' think that Aric cries more or less than her, it just seems overwhelming at times because i have two trying to keep my attention.

I am thankful for both. They are my miracles. Miracles from a miracle. Yep, i was one of those babies that wasn't supposed to make it. God had other plans, and has so blessed me. Some days i just need to be reminded of that.

Have a great day!

No comments: