Wednesday, January 9, 2008

its only the wind.

woke up to a major windstorm, we had one beautiful day around 60 degrees!! All the snow had melted and it was beautiful. today it was windy, not just the wind blowing, but the wind howling and blowing everything all over the place. Today was, of course, trash day as well. Did you know that wind + trash cans at every house = one horrid mess? Well, after hubby went to work, i looked out side and one of the gusts (50+) had just hit and the trashcan was on the ground, so i went outside to pick it up, 99% of the trashcans on our street were not only down, but open and all over the place. So, i had a brilliant thought, I'll pull it to the house and find something to secure it to the tree, so mine doesn't throw dirty diapers all over the neighborhood.

As i put my plan into motion, I'm dragging it to the garage door, another wind gust comes up, hits the can just right and blows the lid up, let me paint you a picture. I'm out there in a pair of pj's with a jacket and slippers on it. its one of those 30+gallon trash cans with the lid attached that reclines back on one wheel to move it around. the wind picks up the lid at speeds way to fast for someone, and the lid comes back and smacks me in the face! not just in my face, but my nose and glasses, slams the glasses into my bridge on my nose and slams my nose to my face. I was in shock for a minute, just thinking what the heck had just happened?? I want to cry, but want to make sure that it doesn't happen again, so i move it against the house, grabbing my face saying aaaaahhhhhhh!!!

I keep waiting for the blood, i just knew it was broken and i was going to look like Marsha Brady from the brady bunch movie and really draw attention to my face. people were going to snicker at me and point, ugh. I quickly found a bungee cord, which of course, was 4 inches too small for me to reach around the tree in the front yard, thought i had it one time, but alas, the bungee cord came around that tree at the speed of light and hit me in the arm!! Once again, what the heck!! ugh, so i run back in the house grab the cat leash and tie it and the bungee to the tree and the can. Success!! Now to tend to what has to be my deformed nose.

I look in the mirror, hmm, just a little swollen, touch it, YEOUCH! no blood though. ok.. hmm, wow, what a migraine just now!! ugh and why am i nauseated?? So, i go to my go to people for info my Spunky Moms! They advised me to at least to call, then posted the info for a concussion. Okay, so i have a few of those symptoms, so i called the line, had to leave a message for an advice nurse, and waited for them to call me back, getting shakier and more nauseous every second.

When they called back, they basically said, lets get the info, answer these questions and based on your answers, you either go to the ER or to the acute care clinic. Great! now to call hubby. By the time i got through to him, they had given me an appt for a half hour later to be seen. Long story short, just a contusion, not a cuncussion, here's a shot of phenergrin for the nausea, go sleep it off. whoopee. lol.

3 hours later, i am still lightheaded, my neck and back are sore, my nose hurts at the bridge and i feel icky, but happy i could sleep!.

No comments: