Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Big Girl!

Wow, looks like i've had more hits lately! Yay! Guess I had better step up my writing! lol.

After a less than impressive naptime yesterday, i decided that Lizzie gets to have the side of her crib off. Yep, Transitioning to the "toddler bed/Daybed". Now, it might seem bittersweet, but honestly, she's 2, very strongwilled and independant, it was the natural progression of things. It was a little bit before she went to sleep last night, quite a few, get back in the beds and such, but over all, she did awesomely. Same thing with nap time, once she got in the bed for sleep, she slept through the night and woke up later than her normal time! Now if we can only get potty training....

We've begun the "no's" They started yesterday or the day before, can't remember honestly, and it doesn't matter. I just would love for them to be DONE! Stubborn and Strong Willed along with the defiance is just a recipe for a mother in the looney bin, add on a teething infant and have that straight jacket ready with barely enough time to monogram my name on it!

Seriously though, It came out of NOWHERE, just suddenly refusing to do anything and everything. Doesnt' want this or that, but wants something, often coming back a little later asking for the thing that she refused, and if you happen to say ok, its only 50% if she'll eat it!

Im' still amazed. She's soo intelligent. And just a sweetheart. She loves her dad to no end and thinks he hung the moon. We're alike in that aspect. lol, he's a great guy and just hilarious when you dont' expect it. She loves me too, and her brother and sister, but that bond between her and her dad is awesome. Especially when you add in the fact that he was gone from the time she was 6 weeks till she was just after 1. Even before she was born, she was daddys girl. lol, Its amazing. Its too early to tell with Aric. He loves his dad immensely, you can tell already, and me too, daddy's there when he's having fun, but when he's tired or crabby he wants me.


*****
Ugh, its snowing again. Always with the snow! I cant' wait till june! I cant' believe i still have about 4 or 5 months left of the cold!! blech! I got some pics taken of the kids earlier this month when Lizzie and Aric's sister Meghan came to visit. I bought the CD, so i have rights to the pics and can print up as many more as i want.

No comments: