Friday, January 11, 2008

Up Late Again

For several years now, i think it started in 04 when Hubs deployed the first time, i stay up too late for me to function well as early as my kids need me to, no matter how tired i am, I can't go to sleep early. So, I'm sitting in bed, hunched over my laptop, feet together, knees bent with my left leg asleep. Wondering how i can eat so much and not feel satisfied. I swear i ate everything in the house at least once today, except cereal, and then also ate lunch out. PMS?? no clue!

So, I sit here and wonder if my lack of sleep, coincides with the lack of weight loss, the excessive hunger, or am i just a lazy blimp who likes to eat? Eh, who knows.

So, I get to look forward to another deployment. not fun. They suck, but i understand them. Poor hubs, is just worried that our daughter, who had the last year with daddy, will feel like she's been abandoned. I told him that as long as he calls and makes her another video before he leaves and spends as much time as possible with her now, that she wont' feel like that. Aric will get his own video too, and he'll go his first year watching that as Lizzie did her first year, and they will both love him and feel he's there for them.

Kids are amazing!! They process things so much different than we do. My daughter loves the "yardagins" and "Diego" and "dorda" and "bootds".

But when he was deployed the first time, i'd play his video of him talking to her and reading to her, so when he came home after she was 1, she knew him when he came home and acted as though he had been there the whole time. For me, it was one of the longest years of my life. Kids are awesome.

No comments: