Friday, January 11, 2008

Getting Older

Some days, it feels like it lasts forever, some days go as fast as air escaping out of a balloon. Time seems to speed up as you age, and to go even faster if you have a child, really fast if there is more than one. Its hard to believe that my eldest is 2 and my youngest is 3.5 months. I'll be 33 this year and hubs will be 37. Unreal! What seems more insane is the fact that in June, I will have been out of high school for 15 years!

High school was a interesting time for me. I LOVED school in all forms, couldn't' stand to be sick, cause then I'd be sent home. I wasn't popular, but not unpopular either, just average. Teachers loved me, i got along with most of everyone that i went to school with. Didn't date much in the normal sense of the word.. Didn't have a great bod, barely any boobs, but always had a nice bubble butt. lol. I guess one could call me a miss goody two shoes. But i didn't' care, about what anyone thought of me. I was who i was and that's it. That was me, sometimes i wish it still was. But for me, as i got older, i cared more and more about what people think.

So much so, it changed me, my personality, even my core self. Every now and then, I'd realize it, and try to change back, but life has, for the most part, changed me and shaped me to be who I am today, like me or not, love me or leave me. My ex made me a weakling, till i finally stood up and started to take my life back, then he was done with me. I was definitely better off, then i made a bad decision, with my next relationship, but at least i got a great friend out of it. Now days, I am close to that person some days and far others, which is not a bad thing, if we don't' grow and change, then we're not learning.

This year besides taking more time for my family, quality time, and loosing weight, i resolve to write more. I am hoping that using this as a creative outlet, then it will loosen up my creative block i've had going on for years.

No comments: