Friday, August 13, 2010

More Backward Postings from my old blog.

From myspace blog, approx 5 weeks before AJ was born.

We are doing OK, we did end up at Fort Drum, for those of you that hadn't' heard. NY is not what i expected. This is a smaller post than Ft Bragg, so its taking some to get used to, Watertown is about 20-25 minutes away, depending on traffic. They have some nicer restaurants, but from what i understand, they only got here in the last year and a half.

Lizzie is doing well, she's growing and her personality is expanding. She is very independent, despite the sudden clingyness she's experiencing, but its the age and its not as bad as other kids I've heard about so that's good. She has a head full of huge curls, she turned 20 months last Friday and at her 18 month appt (2 months ago) she weighed 24.9 lbs and was 32.5 inches tall. She wears 18months to 3Ts, yes, a large range. lol. She SEEMS very excited to be getting a new baby. She hugs and kisses my belly, announces baby to everyone whenever she see's one, lifts up my shirt and announces when we're out that there is a baby in there. She knows the baby's stuff is in the baby's' room, so we'll see. She watches birth day and baby story with me.

The baby is a boy, his name will be Aric James. As of yesterday, they are guesstimating that he is 4 to 4.5 lbs right now. He has hair as well. He is a big mover and loves to move at night before i go to sleep. tomorrow he will be 32 weeks along. I have been told they will not stop labor after 34 weeks. He will be born in Syracuse, as opposed to up here, as they are being overly cautious due to my heart, no reason for them to be, they just are.

Kevin's unit is deploying in a few weeks. He is not deploying in a few weeks, but he is deploying in Jan or so. I'm thankful that he gets to be home for the birth and has time for connection with Aric and Lizzie. She just loves her daddy so much, i hope that she transitions well to having a brother and to her daddy leaving again.

The weather here is crazy. when we got here in may, it was in the 40s, now its high of 70, still cold. we've had hot days, but nothing like down in NC, but when you get used to 60s, 80s seems hot. lol. I guess that's cause we're so close to Canada. (30 miles or so)

I am doing OK for the most part, this pregnancy has been harder on my body than Lizzie's. I am more tired, but I'm sure that has a lot to do with chasing around Lizzie.

No comments: