Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Something to Cry Over....

You know when you go to a new doctor, and they get your height, weight and blood pressure and pulse and all that jazz?

Those are normally nothing to get up in arms about, if you're overweight, chances are you knew that already.

If you have high blood pressure, chances are you already knew, if your pulse is fast, you probably know that as well.

The one thing that you don't' feel prepared for is for them to tell you that you've shrunk...

Normally they just ask, so i tell them what i have been for years... 5ft 4in. well, they actually measured me today.. 62inches.. I said, what? no that can't be right, I'm 64in.. she said, we'll do it again. so we did, and it was true, i SHRUNK by 2 inches!! How do you do that?? I'm only in my 30s, I'm not old... I'm overweight, yes, but how do you shrink 2 inches?? I got more than weepy, i cried. i tried to not let them see (thankfully, they left the room while they waited for the doc to come see me). I am just in shock... I didn't think any clothes got longer, heck, i thought alot of my pants got shorter!! Guess my big ole booty is to blame for that.

Its bad enough to be shorter than alot of kids... my kids will be 5 and tower over me. SHEESH.

No comments: