Friday, February 1, 2008

Long days

Ahhh, the joys of kids! Yesterday was interesting. After a really bad weather day, it was good to get out of the house. Of course, both kids were a little under the weather, but I needed to go to a few places. Aric was supposed to have his 4 months appt, but it was rescheduled for the next day. So, off we went. First we went to the thrift store, I was hoping for a Dora toddler bed, but, they didn't have it, they were JUST getting in a toddler bed, all white, though. So, I was like whoopee, and it was mine. Then, we left there and stopped by the house, long enough to drop off the bed, and then back out again. Lizzie had fallen asleep, so I was like, that’s' ok, she needs it. She was grumpy and tired. As I was getting into the city, I got a call on my cell, seems I am a dope and forgot that I had signed up for snacks for PWOC! D'oh!! Luckily. there were only a couple of ladies there. I felt soo bad!! I didn’t' go because the kids were hacking up lungs and even though Lizzie's on an antibiotic, I didn’t' want anyone upset that she was there. Anyway, I was invited to a "play date" at McDonalds, and since I was starving, I said ok, I said the kids are sick and Lizzie's on an antibiotic. She said that's fine, so we get there, and I wake her up, grab Aric and we go in. I order lunch, Lizzie’s having a blast in the playground; I call her to come out and eat, and it takes a while, being that this is her second time in there she can't figure out how-to get out for a second. When she does, I have her squish in and give her her nuggets and ranch dressing. (Her soup, as she calls it) Everything's going fine, she drinks her chocolate milk and almost 2 chicken nuggets with lots of ranch... then it happens, one cough too much, too deep and BAM, vomit and spew all over the seat and her clothes! Ugh, what was I thinking giving her ranch... should have just stuck with the apples... blah, so we start picking it up and wiping her off and I am offered my friends’ sons' clothes... I at first declined, as he wears a 4t and Lizzie doesn't, but finally I was like, well, since she's acting normal and wanting to play, yeah, let me borrow them and get her out of the pukies. So I change her and am surprised that the biggest thing is that they're just too long, the waist isn’t' nearly as big as I thought it would be. and the shirt isn’t' that big either. She plays a little longer and then I feel its time to get out of there for our errands. I change both the kids and we leave, it’s been 2+ hours. We go to Big Lots, I’m hoping for a Dora basket organizer thing, but they only have plain, I take it. I grab a few other things as well, then it’s off to Michaels for Dora Stickers, then the Dollar Tree and then to staples (all walking with the double stroller) At this point, Lizzie has peed THROUGH her diaper and all over the front seat of the stroller. *sigh* no extra pants... I realize I am NOT going to make it to Sam’s Club for formula today, so I head towards the Wal-Mart close to home to get some mucinex for coughs. Lizzie falls asleep again. When we get to Wal-Mart, I pull the double stroller out again and put her sleeping in the back and put Aric in the front. Get through the whole store, grabbing a few things, get Aric a new car seat, as he's outgrowing his newborn one, get the stuff paid for, get ready to leave the store, after a quick stop at subway for dinner, and Lizzie wakes up. I load the kids and stuff in the car and get home. It’s been a long day.
(Sorry spell checker doesn’t' seem to be working)

No comments: