Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dry Brain Today

You ever have those days when you sit down to write and nothing comes to mind?? That day is here. Okay, so I did the bad thing, the big no no when it comes to writing. NOTHING. I've left this open for several hours! Half forgotten and half not sure what to say.

One time, for a blind date I went on a camping trip with this guy and his family. He was younger, like 4 or 5 years younger than me. I was at a particularly low point in my life and pretty vulnerable. But, I thought he was cute, I liked him, but was too shy to ask him out, so my boss did. So, it wasn't like a "blind date" in the traditional sense, but I had no clue who he was besides the works coke deliveryman.

I went to his house to meet him there and follow, and I brought my big dog Sampson with me. (Hey, I might have been semi desperate for human contact, but I wasn't stupid!!) I met the family and they were sweet, they just adored their son. We were going out early to scope the site and to set up and they'd be there a few hours behind. So, I don’t know if we took his truck or mine, but me him and Sampson packed in one of the vehicles and we talked for the hour or so that it took us to get there. This guy was sweet and smart and had a plan for his life. A good one. The problem was, he was including my dog(s) and me in that plan... and we had really just met. Kind of spooked me. ALOT. I mean, who makes plans for life so soon??

To be fair, if I had been at ANY point in my life besides where I was, I would have probably taken him up on the offer no problem, no looking back. Wasn't sure how I would have dealt with the truckers life, but I would have figured it out. Did I consider?? Heck yeah! He was smart and cute and sweet, but I wasn’t' ready for marriage again and wanted to really know all secrets before jumping into that boat. Again.

The weekend was great; I had picked out a great sleeping bag that went to -15, so no need for any other body heat than my own. And he picked a hill to pitch the tent on, put me on top of the hill, in case "I tossed or turned and fell down the hill, then I’d be close to him" lol. So funny, so sweet, nope he didn’t' try anything all weekend. Yep, we kissed, but that was all. He did help me face my fear of heights though.. I stood on top of this HIGH boulder and jumped into his arms. Waaaay down into the water below. Sampson, the ever protector, stood up there and barked, at me. Took me forever to jump. I'd start, then stop turning around and getting away from the edge, I don’t know how many times I did that. Telling him I’d kill him if he didn’t' catch me. (I can't swim either, so that wasn’t' helping matters at all)

Sometimes, its good to have fond memories to look back on. Even if they make you confirm you made the right choice all along.

(Growl!! what is up with the spell check anymore???)

No comments: