Saturday, June 7, 2008

Standing up on your own with help.

Sometimes, we focus on so many little things that we forget the big picture, and everything else. Life becomes so busy and stressful that we focus on that and not on what makes us happy. I am blessed to have a wonderfully sexy and smart and sweet husband that loves me and that i love so very much. Then i got doubly blessed with my two sweet kids. Life sucks sometimes, circumstances suck, but we cant' take our eyes off our blessings or the one who gives them.

I have been focusing on everything but my blessings and the blessing giver. And that screwed me up, my thoughts, my focus, everything was skewed. Sometimes we just need a reminder of our many many blessings. Blessings that would kill me to have taken away cause i was ignoring them or not giving them the attention that they deserve. by not focusing and counting my blessings, i ultimately hurt myself.

I just want to say that I am so very thankful for my blessings, my family, my life. Life is something we take waay too much for granted. Sometimes we look and only see "death and destruction" when we just want to wallow in the mud. Its when we finally look up and realize that the focus is wrong.

Yeah, I'm talking in circles. its my random musings. ;)

I am so thankful for that man that lays down his life and goes off to put it out there, if needed for someone else. For the man that isn't' afraid to stand up and serve. My husband, my soldier, my love. I am so very proud of him, and just am in awe of him. 3 times to leave everything that is "comfortable", home, and his family, not by his choice, but makes it his choice to be a soldier.

I try, sometimes its not my best, sometimes i just suck at being a mom and wife to my kids and hubby. but i cant' just let life toss me about, way too nauseating. :-D I used to stand on my feet (with help) but i took myself out of the helping arms of God to just "do it myself" and wallow in feeling sorry for myself. How selfish of me. So very selfish. I am very ashamed of that. My family comes first, period. Not me. Time to get off my tush and be who i am supposed to be.

Sometimes, little things can make you evaluate your life and change, sometimes you have to go through hell and back before you decide to change. I prefer not to go through that.

Honey, i love you so very much, thank you for your service, thank you for being the man you are. I cant' wait to see you again. I miss you.

No comments: